[Haskell-cafe] More on performance

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Wed Jun 4 07:13:55 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 04 June 2008 11:05:52 Luke Palmer wrote:
> To me, time and space complexity is not about correctness but
> performance.

IRL the specification often dictates the complexity. If your code fails to
satisfy the spec then it is wrong. Are you saying that Haskell code can never
satisfy any such specification?

> Given unbounded time and space, you will still arrive at the same result
> regardless of the complexity.

Given that the set of computers with unbounded time and space is empty, is it
not fruitless to discuss its properties?