[Haskell-cafe] hs-plugins compile error

Timo B. Hübel t.h at gmx.info
Tue Jun 3 17:25:28 EDT 2008

> What is the status of hs-plugins?  I recently tried to install the
> version plugins-1.2 on hackage, using a Gnu/Linux box with Fedora 9
> and ghc-6.8.2, but didn't get past the configure stage (see config.log
> below).

I am getting exactly the same error on a Gentoo box. I've tracked it down to
some awkward escape character sequence in the TOP variable defined in
config.h.

The following patch makes it work for me, but I've no idea if this is the
right way to fix this problem:

hunk ./configure 1385
-TOP=`echo "Directory.getCurrentDirectory >>= putStrLn.init.tail.show " |
ghc --interactive -ignore-dot-ghci -v0 | tr -d '\r'`
+TOP=`echo "Directory.getCurrentDirectory >>= putStr." |
ghc --interactive -ignore-dot-ghci -v0`
hunk ./configure.ac 66
-TOP=`echo "Directory.getCurrentDirectory >>= putStrLn.init.tail.show " |
ghc --interactive -ignore-dot-ghci -v0 | tr -d '\r'`
+TOP=`echo "Directory.getCurrentDirectory >>= putStr" |
ghc --interactive -ignore-dot-ghci -v0`

Regards,
T.