[Haskell-cafe] ghc 6.8.2 issue

Galchin, Vasili vigalchin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 16:40:08 EDT 2008

> Something like that yes.
>
> You're running runhaskell Setup.lhs and that loads and runs code from
> the Cabal library. The Cabal library depends on the process library
> which depends on the unix library. So by replacing the same version of
> the unix package you're breaking everything else which depends on it,
> including Cabal and thus runhaskell Setup.lhs.
>
> So the solution is to not do that. Don't re-install the exact same
> version of any of the core libs that come with ghc. Adding new versions
> is fine, replacing existing versions is not fine because it breaks all
> the other packages that were already built against that package.

     But Duncan, let's suppose I build "unix" putting in a "local" directory
with a different version number than the released version of "unix".

     1) How do I get the "local" package.conf built and populated?

     2) How do I get a test case to link against this experimental local
version of "unix"? Is there a "--prefix" or something like that I pass on
runhaskell Setup.hs build?

Regards, Vasili