[Haskell-cafe] Re: [ANNOUNCE] git-darcs-import 0.1

Peter Hercek phercek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:44:09 EDT 2008

Aaron Denney wrote:
> On 2008-06-03, Peter Hercek <phercek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Loup Vaillant wrote:
>>> Disclaimer: I'm no expert, this is what I've heard. Anyone please
>>> confirm or deny the following?
>>> Basically, git is waaay faster than Darcs on a number of use cases.
>> Other reason can be "git rebase". Of course there is a question
>>   how good practice it is ... but it is being used.
> Darcs patches are pretty much an implicit rebase.

You cannot push patch B if it depends on patch A without also
  pushing A. And darcs currently does not alow you to reorder
  B before A (which is what git rebase actually does). Git rebase
  works quite well even in cloned repositories.

See: http://bugs.darcs.net/issue891
Some discussin about it is also here:

When the issue is fixed then darcs will be really patch based and
  will become the ultimate DSCM :-)