[Haskell-cafe] What is the maturity of Haskell Web Frameworks

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Mon Jun 2 13:21:31 EDT 2008

aditya_siram:

> I am building a web-app that, in broad strokes, allows a leader to
> assign tasks to team members and allows team members to
> accept/reject/pick tasks that they want to do.
>
> I really like Haskell and I would like to use it to implement the
> solution. Are frameworks like Happs ready? Not so much in terms of
> documentation, but in functionality and stability.

HAppS is nice (see hpaste.org for example, which is nice and simple, and
has been running for over a year).

Another nice option in Haskell is using something like HStringTemplate
or the xhtml combinators  with fastcgi hooked into GHC's concurrency
mechanisms.

You can find *many* more things here,

    http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html#cat:Network
    http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/pkg-list.html#cat:Web