[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] git-darcs-import 0.1

Bertram Felgenhauer bertram.felgenhauer at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 1 14:44:46 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce yet another tool for importing darcs repositories
to git. Unlike darcs2git [1] and darcs-to-git [2], it's written in
Haskell, on top of the darcs2 source code. The result is a much faster
program - it can convert the complete ghc 6.9 branch (without libraries)
in less than 15 minutes on my slightly dated machine (Athlon XP 2500+),
which is quite fast [3]. Incremental updates work, too.

The program is still rough around the edges, and there's some cosmetical
work to do, especially with respect to converting author names. The
program should recover from most errors, as long as nobody else modifies
the destination repository.

Nevertheless, it seems quite useable already. I hope somebody finds
this useful.

You can grab the source at

   http://int-e.home.tlink.de/haskell/git-darcs-import-0.1.tar.bz2

Look at the README for further information.

Credits go to:
    David Roundy and all contributors for darcs2. The code base is
    surprisingly pleasant to work with.

    And of course, Linus Torvalds, Junio Hamano and all other git
    contributors.

Enjoy,

Bertram

[1] http://repo.or.cz/w/darcs2git.git?a=shortlog