[Haskell-cafe] Best book/tutorial on category theory and its applications

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 14:52:43 EDT 2008

I've only read the beginning, but I recommend _Conceptual Mathematics_
by Lawvere and Schanuel for a *very* gentle introduction (seriously,
you could probably teach category theory to ten-year-olds out of this
book.) Nothing about applications there, though.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but still I