[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Yi 0.4.1

stefan kersten sk at k-hornz.de
Sun Jul 27 19:08:07 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 03:08:04PM +0000, Jean-Philippe Bernardy wrote:
> I'm very pleased to announce the 0.4.1 release of the Yi editor.

great, i can't wait to check it out ...

i get the following error when installing via hackage/cabal (ghc 6.8.1, cabal
1.4.0.1):

Yi/Buffer.hs:253:0:
    No instance for (Typeable4 RWS)
      arising from the 'deriving' clause of a data type declaration
                   at Yi/Buffer.hs:(253,0)-(254,101)
    Possible fix: add an instance declaration for (Typeable4 RWS)
    When deriving the instance for (Typeable1 BufferM)

Yi/Buffer.hs:256:0:
    Can't make a derived instance of `Typeable4 RWS'
      (even with cunning newtype deriving:
       the representation type has wrong kind)
    In the stand-alone deriving instance for `Typeable4 RWS'

any ideas what's going wrong? is it finally time to upgrade my ghc
installation?

<sk>