[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Yi 0.4.1

Jean-Philippe Bernardy jeanphilippe.bernardy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 11:08:04 EDT 2008

I'm very pleased to announce the 0.4.1 release of the Yi editor.

== Yi ==
Yi is a text editor written and extensible in Haskell. The
long-term goal of the Yi project is to provide the editor of
choice for Haskell programmers. In the meantime, we have fun by
hacking an editor in a decent language :)

Yi is not a finished product. This is an alpha-quality release.
However, Yi has become a lot more accessible than
previously, so if you feel like testing it, now might be a good time
to take a look.

== Installation ==

Using cabal install:

  cabal install yi-0.4.1

If you want gtk support, first install gtk2hs 0.9.13.
If you want vty support, pass the -fvty option to cabal install.

== Features ==
    * A purely functional editor core;
    * Key-bindings written as parsers of the input;
    * Emacs, Vim and (partial) Cua emulations provided by default;
    * Vty, Gtk2Hs, and (experimental) Cocoa front-ends;
    * Static configuration (XMonad style) for fast load;
    * Simple Haskell support:
        * Syntax highlighting
        * Auto-indentation
        * Call cabal-build within the editor

== Links ==
    * download: http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/yi
    * FAQ: http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Yi/FAQ
    * homepage: http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Yi
    * check and report issues: http://code.google.com/p/yi-editor/issues/list
    * darcs repository: http://code.haskell.org/yi
    * get involved: mailto:yi-devel at googlegroups.com
    * release notes: http://code.google.com/p/yi-editor/wiki/ReleaseNotes0o4

== Acks ==

This release is brought to you by:

Allan Clark
Andrew Birkett
Corey O'Connor
Duncan Coutts
Evan Martin
Fraser Wilson
Gustav Munkby
Gwern Branwen
Jean-Philippe Bernardy
Krasimr Angelov
Nicolas Pouillard
Sean Leather
Thomas Schilling

and all the contributors to the previous versions.