[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Yi 0.4.1
jeanphilippe.bernardy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 11:08:04 EDT 2008
I'm very pleased to announce the 0.4.1 release of the Yi editor.
== Yi ==
Yi is a text editor written and extensible in Haskell. The
long-term goal of the Yi project is to provide the editor of
choice for Haskell programmers. In the meantime, we have fun by
hacking an editor in a decent language :)
Yi is not a finished product. This is an alpha-quality release.
However, Yi has become a lot more accessible than
previously, so if you feel like testing it, now might be a good time
to take a look.
== Installation ==
Using cabal install:
cabal install yi-0.4.1
If you want gtk support, first install gtk2hs 0.9.13.
If you want vty support, pass the -fvty option to cabal install.
== Features ==
* A purely functional editor core;
* Key-bindings written as parsers of the input;
* Emacs, Vim and (partial) Cua emulations provided by default;
* Vty, Gtk2Hs, and (experimental) Cocoa front-ends;
* Static configuration (XMonad style) for fast load;
* Simple Haskell support:
* Syntax highlighting
* Call cabal-build within the editor
== Links ==
* download: http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/yi
* FAQ: http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Yi/FAQ
* homepage: http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Yi
* check and report issues: http://code.google.com/p/yi-editor/issues/list
* darcs repository: http://code.haskell.org/yi
* get involved: mailto:yi-devel at googlegroups.com
* release notes: http://code.google.com/p/yi-editor/wiki/ReleaseNotes0o4
== Acks ==
This release is brought to you by:
and all the contributors to the previous versions.
More information about the Haskell-Cafe