[Haskell-cafe] BLAS Solve Example

Dan Weston westondan at imageworks.com
Wed Jul 23 18:30:16 EDT 2008

A jedi master might stick with the existing double precision solver,
then convert the results to best rational approximation [1], then do a
forward solve on the rational versions of matrices, adjusting numerator
and denominator to eliminate the residual error (with a heuristic to
favor common factors). If you are very lucky, such a rational number
will exist, depending on your limits of humongous.

[1] e.g. http://www.dtashley.com/howtos/2007/01/best_rational_approximation/