[Haskell-cafe] curl installation

Thomas Fuhrmann noahaon at gmx.at
Wed Jul 16 15:50:59 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm trying to install the curl package 1.3.2.1 for haskell, I'm using Ubuntu and
I've already installed curl-7.18.2. I can't get rid of the configuration error.
According to the log entry the curl.h doesn't exist.

Shell output:

runghc Setup.hs configure
Configuring curl-1.3.2.1...
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
configure: error: curl libraries not found, so curl package cannot be built
See `config.log' for more details.

Part of Log entry:

configure:2439: gcc -E  conftest.c
conftest.c:9:23: error: curl/curl.h: No such file or directory
configure:2445: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
|
| #define PACKAGE_NAME "Haskell curl package"
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME "curl"
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION "1.1"
| #define PACKAGE_STRING "Haskell curl package 1.1"
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT "dons at galois.com"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
| #include <curl/curl.h>
configure:2469: error: curl libraries not found, s
o curl package cannot be built
See `config.log' for more details.

Any ideas?