[Haskell-cafe] Can't get Haddock 2.0 anchor reference to work

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 17:50:59 EDT 2008

On 2008.07.15 13:59:32 -0700, Mike Gunter <m at ryangunter.com> scribbled 0.2K characters:

> How are anchor references in Haddock supposed to work?
>
> When I use "Dir.Mod#foo", the resulting HTML contains:
>    <A HREF="Dir-Mod#foo.html">
> instead of the more desirable:
>    <A HREF="Dir-Mod.html#foo">
>
> User error or bug?
>
> thanks,
> -m

For what it's worth, I've run into this issue with XMonad docs before.

For example: <http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/xmonad-contrib/0.7/doc/html/XMonad-Doc-Extending#Editing_key_bindings.html> has a line "See XMonad.Doc.Extending#Editing_key_bindings for instructions on how to edit your key bindings."; the source is "See "XMonad.Doc.Extending#Editing_key_bindings" for instructions on how to
edit your key bindings."

This links to <http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/xmonad-contrib/0.7/doc/html/XMonad-Doc-Extending#Editing_key_bindings.html>. The source

At least in Firefox, clicking only reloads the current page, and doesn't go down the several sections to the key binding information. (When I tried with my offline docs, it didn't even reload, just errored.)

--
gwern
Bess fritz Team espionage Blowfish Kosovo SIG LF ISPE Saudi