[Haskell-cafe] A question about algebra and dependent typing

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Mon Jul 14 16:34:40 EDT 2008

> I'm working on an abstract algebra library, using the "types are sets"
> strategy. For the algebraists out there, I'm trying to implement as much as
> I can of "Abstract Algebra" by Dummit & Foote in Haskell. I've got a Ring
> class definition that looks approximately like

You might find this interesting:

@inproceedings{ fokker95explaining,
    author = "Jeroen Fokker",
    title = "Explaining Algebraic Theory with Functional Programs",
    booktitle = "Functional Programming Languages in Education",
    pages = "139-158",
    year = "1995",
    url = "citeseer.ist.psu.edu/fokker95explaining.html" }

Claus