[Haskell-cafe] vector vs uvector

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Jul 14 12:06:36 EDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, stefan kersten wrote:

> what's the difference between the vector [1] and uvector [2] packages? should
> one of those preferred over the other?
> thanks,
> <sk>
> [1] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/vector-0.1
> [2] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/uvector-

To make things even more confusing, there is also:

This library was mentioned in Haskell-Cafe in December of 2007 on
Haskell-Cafe and I started to use and extend it by a lazy chunky
structure, an ST interface for in-place update, and an experimental
element-wise lazy but efficient data structure. Now I become aware that
there are parallel efforts. I'm also uncertain where to invest more time.