[Haskell-cafe] The state of database libraries

Paul Visschers p.a.visschers at student.tue.nl
Sat Jul 5 05:12:53 EDT 2008

Hey Chris,

I've been fiddling around with the database stuff myself and I had the
same problems (on Linux). I eventually got both HaskellDB and HSQL to
work, and am now using HSQL because HaskellDB had very poor
documentation. I don't exactly know how I eventually got HSQL-MySQL to
work, but I think it might be the case that you need to install a MySQL
dev package first, as the haskell package only contains bindings to it.

Good Luck, Paul

P.S. It's nice to see I'm not the only one going into a Haskell frenzy
after the exams.