[Haskell-cafe] http://www.haskell.org/ghc/reportabug

Galchin, Vasili vigalchin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 00:21:47 EDT 2008

Hi Bulat and others,

     Basically I am testing my Posix timer bindings. When a timer is created
via timer_create(
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/timer_create.html),
it is possible to pass a sigevent struct. When I specify sigev_notify as
NONE OR SIGNAL, all is well. When I specify sigev_notify as THREAD which
causes a callback to a Haskell function that I specify, then sometimes I get
a core dump due to SIGABRT or an internal error in the Haskell run time
library. Many times when I run as sigev_notify==THREAD every thing seems to
be OK. I am trying to come up with ideas of what is wrong. I know there are
constraints on what can be called from a sigevent callback function.
Unfortunately I don't know anything about the ghc runtime model. ???

Vasili