[Haskell-cafe] Implementing fixed-sized vectors (using datatype algebra?)

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Thu Jan 31 17:42:08 EST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2008 15:15 schrieben Sie:
> […]

> I think we should base our implementation on Oleg's (for which we need
> his permission).

Do you know whether Oleg has released his code under an open source license?
If he had, we wouldn’t need his permission.  I’m not sure whether we need his
permission if we implement a library from scratch, using the concepts behind
his library.

Concerning the type-indexed lists, we possibly should use the GADT approach
instead of the “thrusted core” approach.  Concerning type-level naturals, we
might want to use the representation () :- D1 :- D2 :- D9 (see my other
e-mail).

> Actually, I think we should create two separate libraries. One for decimal
> type-level arithmetic and another for the vector implementation itself.

Definitely!

> […]

Best wishes,
Wolfgang