[Haskell-cafe] Relevance and applicability of category theory

Dan Weston westondan at imageworks.com
Thu Jan 31 12:13:53 EST 2008

Even though you cannot "dive into this matter now", maybe when you get
time you can update your blog with an explicit embedding of Haskell
monads and arrows in your Thrist construction. Concrete examples will
help me (and probably others) more quickly see the novelty, increased
generality, and usefulness of a Thrist.

Also, although you say that thrists are the moral equivalent of a free
category, it appears (at least to me) possible that the first Thrist
argument enables the construction of a restricted domain monad, e.g. (Eq
a => Set a) monad. Is this so?

Dan