[Haskell-cafe] Poor libraries documentation

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 22:11:38 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 19:32 -0600, Derek Elkins wrote:
> Uh, why not?  Often that's exactly what I do as checking even
> conveniently located documentation is more time consuming than just
> trying it.

I find it agreeable that there always be documentation for exported
functions.

In my undergrad years my least preferred instructor liked to say:
"If the code and the documentation doesn't match both are wrong."

And my favored prof would say:
"In theory, theory and practice are the same.  In practice they aren't."

This is, in a nut shell, why I don't see testing as a great way to
"document" intended function behavior.