[Haskell-cafe] Poor libraries documentation

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Wed Jan 30 11:35:59 EST 2008

Neil Mitchell wrote:

> For a start, its probably a good idea to mention that cos is an
> abbreviation of cosine (most people will know, but its handy to state
> it). Secondly, and much more importantly, it should state whether
> these measurements are in degrees or radians. It should also state
> things like acos is the inverse of cos - its been a while since I last
> used trig and I had to look it up!!!

Agree about the documentation, but the names and behaviours of math
functions are at least generally identical in Haskell to a huge swath of
other languages.

There are of course exceptions and omissions, such as the forty five
different exponentiation operators, the lack of floating point
remainder, and numerous other missing handy dandy math library functions.

	<b