[Haskell-cafe] NDP

Stephan Friedrichs stephan.friedrichs at tu-bs.de
Wed Jan 30 04:49:04 EST 2008

Roman Leshchinskiy wrote:
> [...]
>
> Yes, me :-) Sorry for the late reply, it's been a long weekend here in
> Australia.

Wow, Australia :)

> [...]
>
> I suspect that "cd examples; make" doesn't quite work at the moment
> because some of the examples are broken. I'll try to fix that soon. But
> "cd examples/dotp; make" should work.

Hmm I must have missed that the ndp package didn't quite compile. Right
now, I'm darcs pulling everything (ghc, libraries, ndp) and rebuilding it...

... and ghc failed. Looks like I have to wait for some patches.

>> (.text+0x8d5): undefined reference to
>> `__stginit_parallelzm1zi0zi0zi0_ControlziParallelziStrategies_'
>
> This is strange, I've never seen this. Can you please send me the exact
> commands you used to build ghc and package ndp and the complete log from
> making dotp?

As far as I can remember:

# in the ghc directory:
darcs pull -a
./darcs-all pull -a
sh boot
./configure
make -j5
cd libraries
darcs get --partial http://url/of/ndp/package/
make make.library.ndp

I'm currently stuck at 'make -j5'. As soon as it works, I'll give you
precise feedback.

> Roman

Thank you!

//Stephan

PS: Is 'make clean' in the ghc directory enough for a complete rebuild?

--

Früher hieß es ja: Ich denke, also bin ich.
Heute weiß man: Es geht auch so.

  - Dieter Nuhr