[Haskell-cafe] HDBC-odbc with GHC-6.8.2 and Cygwin

Joseph Hallett joseph.hallett at db.com
Tue Jan 29 12:32:16 EST 2008

Version 1.1.4.0 of the HDBC-odbc package crashes GHCi when I issue:

Prelude> :m +Database.HDBC.ODBC
Prelude Database.HDBC.ODBC> connectODBC ""

I'm using Cygwin and GHC-6.8.2 on a Windows XP machine.  Furthermore,
using connectODBC with a valid connection string also results in GHCi
crashing (using GHCi-6.8.2 and HDBC-odbc-1.1.4.0) -- actually it causes
GHCi to exit abruptly without an error message.  On GHC-6.6.1, using
HDBC-odbc-1.1.4.0, connectionODBC "" produces an uncaught exception
without crashing GHCi.

Any suggests for getting the package up and running on GHC-6.8.2?

Joe

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.