[Haskell-cafe] anybody can tell me the pronuncation of "haskell"?

Jeremy Shaw jeremy.shaw at linspireinc.com
Mon Jan 28 20:42:45 EST 2008

At Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:06:58 -0800,
Tim Chevalier wrote:

> I should really read more carefully -- I see now that you weren't
> trying to disagree with me by posting that clip, but the person who
> *did* disagree with me was also named "Jeremy". How confusing.

For the record, I believe I agree with your description -- which (I
believe) also matches up pretty well with the .wav.

I would say the best description of how I pronounce it (which may or
may not be right): is like 'rascal' but with an h. Though, perhaps
different people pronounce rascal differently than I do.

Anyway, I figured posting the wav was easier than trying to describe
it in words. I believe that wav was recorded by SPJ (in Nov 2005?) at
Shae Errison's (shapr) request for the purpose of finding out how SPJ
pronounces Haskell.