[Haskell-cafe] NDP

Roman Leshchinskiy rl at cse.unsw.edu.au
Mon Jan 28 20:41:02 EST 2008

Hi Stephan,

> is someone familiar with compiling ndp (nested data parallel Haskell),
> "Speed with less convenience"-version?

Yes, me :-) Sorry for the late reply, it's been a long weekend here in
Australia.

> I followed the guide at
> http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Data_Parallel_Haskell/PackageNDP but
> executing "make" in the examples directory issues the following error:

I suspect that "cd examples; make" doesn't quite work at the moment
because some of the examples are broken. I'll try to fix that soon. But
"cd examples/dotp; make" should work.

> (.text+0x8d5): undefined reference to
> `__stginit_parallelzm1zi0zi0zi0_ControlziParallelziStrategies_'

This is strange, I've never seen this. Can you please send me the exact
commands you used to build ghc and package ndp and the complete log from
making dotp?

Roman