[Haskell-cafe] anybody can tell me the pronuncation of "haskell"?

Tim Chevalier catamorphism at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 20:05:20 EST 2008

On 1/28/08, Jeremy Shaw <jeremy.shaw at linspireinc.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If my sources are to be believed, the following clip contains Simon
> Peyton Jones saying 'Haskell' several times.
>
> http://www.n-heptane.com/nhlab/spj-haskell.wav

I have listened to Simon (and other equally sage folks) say "Haskell"
on a few occasions and I believe that it's more like what I tried to
render in text. Perhaps you've listened equally carefully but
disagree; perhaps neither of us is wrong. the English language is
weird that way.

I suppose you would really want to ask Haskell Curry how *he*
pronounced his name, but it's a bit late for that.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim Chevalier * http://cs.pdx.edu/~tjc * Often in error, never in doubt
"Work is there when love is gone" -- Greg Brown