[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: ByteString Parsec clone

Isaac Dupree isaacdupree at charter.net
Fri Jan 25 07:34:17 EST 2008

Johan Tibell wrote:
> I tried to get Dan's thoughts on cloning parts of the Parsec interface
> and some of the documentation but none of the emails addresses I've
> tried seem to work. What's allowed when it comes to duplicating
> something like an API? What about the documentation? I intend it to be
> released under BSD3 which I believe is used for Parsec as well.

legally, since it's released under BSD, you're allowed to do all that
(as long as you don't delete the bit of attribution that the BSD
requires :-)

although a friendly attempt to contact him might be nice anyway, but
don't worry too much if he's disappeared from the face of cyberspace, is
the usual practice, I believe.

> Anyone know how I can reach Dan?

not me

~Isaac