[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Harpy 0.4 - Runtime code generation for x86 machine code

Austin Seipp mad.one at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:11:15 EST 2008

> - When using the high-level assembler in X86Assembler, the code buffer
>   is automatically protected from overflow.

This one update alone is worth the whole upgrade; while experimenting
with Harpy in several of my own personal compiler-related projects,
the necessity of ensureBufferSize was a major limitation in code
generation since I found it did nothing but litter the resulting asm and
distract from the actual code generation (considering I figure the
assembler could count the bytes a lot easier than I could.)

Great work on a great library. I have already installed it and
definitely will be putting it to use in the near future :)

--
"It was in the days of the rains that their prayers went up,
not from the fingering of knotted prayer cords or the spinning