[Haskell-cafe] Re: [darcs-devel] announcing darcs 2.0.0pre3

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Jan 23 16:24:21 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 10:09:05PM +0100, Peter Verswyvelen wrote:
> Maybe a dedicated SIMD version of SHA1?
>
> http://arctic.org/~dean/crypto/sha1.html

>From what that page says, it looks like thta sha1 is not recommended for
actual use (although they don't test with gcc 4.x).  I've come across the
gnulib sha1 routine, which is adequately-licensed, and is fast enough to
give us a 10% speedup in my obliterate test (beyond which we probably hit
diminishing returns--we're probably no longer spending much time in sha1 at
all).
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics