[Haskell-cafe] Re: An idea - Feasibility and effort

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Wed Jan 23 07:57:25 EST 2008

Ketil Malde wrote:
> Some also have location in the TXT field in DNS (Sometimes called an
> ICBM record).  I think 'xt(raceroute)' uses this.

Actually, this is not a property of DNS. Blocks of
IP numbers are assigned to specific countries, who
give them out to their ISPs. The top-level rules are in

but there is not much detail there. Google points
to various sites that have collected much more
information and made it available for free or for
pay. I don't know much about them.