[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hangman game

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Mon Jan 21 19:05:06 EST 2008

"Yitzchak Gale" <gale at sefer.org> wrote:

> L'Ecuyer's implementations in C, C++ and Java are here:
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~lecuyer/myftp/streams00/
> If we had something like that in Haskell, I might use
> split more often.
Speaking of that, the generators that come in the box are awfully slow,
I ended up calling into
http://www.math.sci.hiroshima-u.ac.jp/ ~m-mat/MT/SFMT/index.html
via the ffi.

I wouldn't know how to fit it into the Random type, though, it only
supports floats and doubles, and converting the C source to use a
struct for its data to make it instantiable is another obstacle.

signature prohibited.