[Haskell-cafe] library to read/write audio files

Erik de Castro Lopo hc-erikd at mega-nerd.com
Fri Jan 18 19:47:05 EST 2008

Sorry, I missed this when it first came through, I was travelling
in Europe. I'm also mainly a lurker on this list as my functional
language of choice is actually Ocaml, but I've been wanting to
learn Haskell for some time.

John Lato wrote:

> I originally intended to use Erik de Castro Lopo's excellent
> libsndfile

Thank you.

> This library is far from complete.  Firstly, only the wave format is
> implemented (and incompletely).

I really do ask you to reconsider this. Even just parsing the WAVE
file format is a *HUGE* undertaking if you intend to support
everything that is actually in the specs as well as handle all the
horribly broken WAVE files produced by many commercial products.

Erik de Castro Lopo
"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it
from religious conviction."  -- Blaise Pascal, mathematician, 1670