[Haskell-cafe] Poisx select support

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Wed Jan 16 15:40:22 EST 2008

vigalchin:
>    Hi Don,
>
>         I am looking at the code for ghc-6.8.2 but don't see the mmap
>    support. Is this newly wriiten by you? I would also like to help round out
>    the Posix functionality in Haskell. Is there an accurate list of what
>    needs to be done given the fact that maybe some work is in progress but
>    not "checked in"?
>
>    Thank you, Vasili

Code isn't generally checked into ghc 6.8.2, or the base libraries.
Instead, new projects are distributed via hackage.haskell.org.  It is
like CPAN for Haskell, if you're familiar with CPAN.

The mmap bytestring package is available there, for example.

For improving POSIX support in general, careful patches to the 'unix'
library would be the best way:

    http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/unix

If something you need is missing from there, write it as a patch against
the darcs repository for `unix',
http://darcs.haskell.org/packages/unix/, and submit it to
libraries at haskell.org for inclusion in the next release of that library.

-- Don