[Haskell-cafe] High-readibility version of "CONS should not evaluate its arguments?"

Benjamin L. Russell dekudekuplex at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 00:22:45 EST 2008

While reading the paper "A History of Haskell: Being
Lazy With Class" (Paul Hudak, John Hughes, Simon
Peyton Jones, Philip Wadler: The Third ACM SIGPLAN
History of Programming Languages Conference (HOPL-III)
San Diego, California, June 9-10, 2007)
(http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/papers/history-of-haskell/history.pdf),
I came across a reference (in Part I, Section 2.1: The
Call of Laziness) to the paper ""CONS should not
evaluate its arguments" (D. P. Friedman and D. S.
Wise, in Automata, Languages, and Programming, S.
Michaelson and R. Milner, Eds. Edinburgh: Edinburgh
University Press, 1976, pp. 257-284), and looked for a
highly readable version.

However, all I could come across was Technical Report
TR44 at the Indiana Department of Computer Science, at
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/techreports/TRNNN.cgi?trnum=TR44.
 This version appears as small, light typewritten type
on horizontally placed double pages, and is very hard
to read.

Does anybody know where I can find a version of this
paper with higher readability?