[Haskell-cafe] Yi editor tutorial

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:21:46 EST 2008

On 2008.01.14 13:34:42 +0000, Andrew Birkett <andy at nobugs.org> scribbled 0.8K characters:
> gwern0 at gmail.com wrote:
>> I'm going through them now, and I like them a lot. (Maybe I'll finally
>> begin doing stuff with Yi!)
>> Is there any particular reason you didn't put your tutorials on the
>> Haskell wiki? I'd think they'd be good there.
>
> Cool, thanks.  :-)
>
> I agree it'll be a good idea to move it to the wiki, and I'll do that soon.
>  On my own site, I can make lots of little changes locally and then
> atomically (well, quickly at least!) rsync the new version up onto the
> server.  It makes life easier when I'm likely to change around the top
> level structure.  The wiki makes a lot of sense though, because it's
> central and other people can extend the tutorial and fix bugs.

I'd say editing a wiki is even easier. :) But if you want to wait until you've gotten it to a state where you're happy with it, that's good too.

> It's also nice to be able to check the server logs and gauge interest too
> (about 5000 hits since yesterday).
>
> Andrew

True, but the interest won't last forever; so maybe after the Reddit links go quiescent?

--
gwern
rico Glock telex million propellants Warfare Ortega CNN 8182 Vauxhall