[Haskell-cafe] Possibility to port vshaskell to VS2008?

Philipp Riemer ruderphilipp at web.de
Sun Jan 13 13:12:02 EST 2008

Because my university is in the MSNDAA-program I could download the new
Visual Studio 2008 Professional, what I've done today. Now I tried to
install the vshaskell-extension to start learning Haskell but the installer
only quits with the message that (of course) VS2005 is not installed. Now is
my question if I have to download the "old" VS2005 or if it is somehow
possible to get this extension running with VS9.0?

I already tried to use the EclipseFP-plugin so I already have (win)hugs, ghc
and haddoc installed (if it helps for the problem above).

The problem with this plugin was that Ctrl+Space does apparently not work
for code hints and because I'm just started to learn the language, I don't
know every keyword... So I have to look it up everytime somewhere, I want to
implement something new. The fact that Prelude.hs and others are plain text
are a great help, but what I have seen in the screenshot at
http://www.haskell.org/visualhaskell/screenshots.html would be much
better...