[Haskell-cafe] Re: viewing HS files in Firefox

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Thu Jan 10 10:07:25 EST 2008

> My problem is when viewing plain darcs repositories (like mine on
> darcs.johantibell.com which I recently fixed with the above mime type
> hack.)

Please complain to your browser('s authors): most browsers only provide
*one* way to view a given mime-type, which is stupid.  It's not specific
to .hs files.

They could at least provide a way to override the provided mime-type, so
you can say "display this application/octet-stream file as
a text/plain".  Similarly they should allow you to choose (via
a context-menu, for example) to open a pdf file in the pdf plugin or in
a separate application.

        Stefan