[Haskell-cafe] Tim Sweeney (the gamer)

Nick Rolfe nickrolfe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 05:56:10 EST 2008

On 10/01/2008, Galchin Vasili <vigalchin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>      I have been reading with great interested Tim Sweeney's slides on the
> Next Generation Programming Language. Does anybody know his email address?

Vasili is referring to these slides, which will probably interest many
people on this list:

http://morpheus.cs.ucdavis.edu/papers/sweeny.pdf

He refers to Haskell and its strengths (and some of its weaknesses) quite a bit.

For those who don't know him, Tim Sweeney is the main programmer
behind Epic Games's popular Unreal Engine. When he talks, many game
developers will listen. Perhaps more importantly, anything he does
will affect a large number of game developers.

Apologies if this has been posted before.