[Haskell-cafe] Re: GHC 6.8.2 as a library on Windows and GHCi

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Wed Jan 9 16:30:22 EST 2008

> I think it is time for peter to become acquainted with the readline
> package and write a custom repl.

No no, I already did that, a long time ago, in 68000 assembly :)

> Or just copy half of ghci into a module and call it.

I'm just interested in seeing if the interpreter/compiler/linker
infrastructure can be used as a library on both Linux/Windows/OSX, and for
creating plugins at runtime. When using Microsoft's C#/.NET I used that a
lot. On that platform it is very easy to generate code on the fly, call the
C# compiler, emit code, load code, creating "plugins". But Microsoft.NET
does not support Haskell :( F# is a good step forward, but it's not lazy,
and I am.