[Haskell-cafe] Neural nets and the menu (was: something different)

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Mon Jan 7 18:25:21 EST 2008

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr wrote:

> Albert Y. C. Lai writes:
> > Achim Schneider wrote:
> >> There is this story about some military (US afair) training a
> >> neural net to detect tanks in images
> > 50% accuracy.
> > I have some similar stories to tell....
> >
> > A. ... students assumed
> > sin(x+y) = sin(x) + sin(y)
> > B. ... But that day, that car, it showed no red light.
> All this is nice to read, and make me thank Lord I am still alive,
> but, for goodness sake, *what do you want to convey?*
Probably that you have to come up with something more confusing and
powerful than a neural net and then transfer your consciousness into it
to understand yourself and how to program something like you.

> No quanta, no Wikipedia, no first-class objects, no Haskell, café I
> have to fetch myself in la cuisine, and I feel lost.
There is always a good chance to get an Espresso-Baileys in any good
café. Or Baileys-Espresso, if you prefer. If you're lucky, you can also
get mead in your coffee.

I recommend any kind of sandcake with it.

signature prohibited.