[Haskell-cafe] GHC's dynamic linker and Windows

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 09:57:35 EST 2008

On 2008.01.07 07:20:05 -0600, Austin Seipp <mad.one at gmail.com> scribbled 2.6K characters:
> > I recently tried the latest version of HS-PLUGINS, and it gave an error on
> > Windows. After a bit of Googling it seemed Conal Elliot had the same
> > problem. I reported this problem to the author. This is also (one of) the
> > reason why I could not get YI running on Windows.
> Currently I believe Conal is working on getting the latest hs-plugins to
> work on windows. It was recently updated to work with ghc 6.8.x (thanks
> Cale & co.) but there was no release as the aim is to get it working for
> 6.8 on both windows and linux before making an official release
> (currently it seems to be linux only, as I have the latest 1.1 installed
>  from the repo below.) The latest repo for hs-plugins for 6.8 can be found at
> http://code.haskell.org/~dons/code/hs-plugins
> I'm sure Conal and others would appreciate any patches to help move it
> along!

Ah. That explains it. I'd been annoyed for some time now that hs-plugins was broken for so long with 6.8.x, but I had been pulling from <http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/code/hs-plugins>.

It's probably worth noting that the first Google hit for 'hs-plugins' is Don's pages, and that points to the old Darcs repo, <http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/hs-plugins/hs-plugins-Z-H-1.html#node_sec_1> ("Darcs repository of the latest code: darcs get --set-scripts-executable http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/code/hs-plugins").

The second and third hits links to that page as well. Maybe the docs could be upgraded and the usual deprecation warning inserted in the old repo?

GSM Submarine E. 510 ddnp building y friends RDI JCET