[Haskell-cafe] ANN: A triple of new packages for talking to the outside world

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Mon Jan 7 00:13:46 EST 2008

Adam Langley wrote:

> This is mostly a cut-n-paste job from the excellent binary package
> which provides Data.Binary.Strict.Get - a monad which is a drop in
> replacement for Get, but which parses strict ByteStrings and returns
> an Either,

Ooh, nice.  We could really do with an incremental version, too, which
could be spoonfed chunks of bytes, and dole out values as
deserialisation completes.

Passing back a Left String is in some sense not much of an improvement
over calling error, as if I merely doesn't have enough bytes accumulated
yet, I can't restart parsing from the point the bytes ran out.  Any
chance you'd like to hand back a continuation instead?

	<b