[Haskell-cafe] Re: US Homeland Security program blahBlah...

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Sun Jan 6 09:51:52 EST 2008

Peter Hercek writes:
>> Andrew Coppin wrote:

>>> Human kind has yet to design a programming language which eliminates all
>>> possible bugs. ;-)
> ...you can mitigate the halting problem.
> But there always will be specification bugs (when one implenetes something
> else than what was needed).

Look, you are descending an infinite ramp to conceptual hell, the hell of
triviality. Now, you will discuss "what is needed", and from FP we get into
politics!

But, if it is something you need...

Read then the passage of "Earthsea" of Ursula LeGuin. There is something
about a language in which YOU COULD NOT LIE. It was the ancient tongue of
dragons.

Now we see why the dragons are extinct...
They were incompatible with the Democracy, AND with Computing Technology...

Jerzy Karczmarczuk