[Haskell-cafe] Is there anyone out there who can translate C# generics into Haskell?

Jonathan Cast jonathanccast at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 6 00:12:00 EST 2008

On 4 Jan 2008, at 2:00 AM, Nicholls, Mark wrote:

> You may be right...but learning is not an atomic thing....wherever I
> start I will get strange things happening.

The best place to start learning Haskell is with the simplest type
features, not the most complicated.  And it's the simplest features
that are most unlike OO.

Yes, Haskell will be `strange'.  But if you think you're `the
intersection' between Haskell and OO, you'll think things are
familiar, and you'll be surprised when they turn  out to be
different.  I'd concentrate on watching out for differences --- but
then I can't imagine how finding `familiar' ideas would help.

jcc