[Haskell-cafe] Escape Codes

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:21:50 EST 2008

Hi

>  Some days ago I needed escape codes on Win32. I didn't find any library for
> that, so I wrote a simple one.

I have a simple module which does them as part of Hoogle:
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/darcs/hoogle/src/General/Type.hs - see
TagStr, the type for defining text with basic formatting and
outputting it to the console. It doesn't attempt to be comprehensive
at all, and probably solves a different problem from your one.

>  I thought, perhaps someone else will have the same problem, so I put it on
> my website:
> http://0hc.net/?what=downloads_sup_AWin32Console

It would be nice if you could package this and release it on hackage.
http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/hackage.html

Thanks

Neil