[Haskell-cafe] Stack overflow

Grzegorz Chrupala grzegorz.chrupala at computing.dcu.ie
Wed Feb 27 06:02:45 EST 2008

Philip Armstrong wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 11:45:26PM +0000, Adrian Hey wrote:
>> But I guess this rant is not much help to the OP :-)
>
> Can the Get Monad from Data.Binary be replaced by the one in
> Data.Binary.Strict.Get?
>
> Would probably require some hacking on the library I guess.

I was getting stack overflows when using Data.Binary with a few other
datastructures so I decided to try this option. I hacked a
Data.Binary.Strict module which is basically a copy and paste of
Data.Binary, but exports a strict decode which uses the Get monad from
Data.Binary.Strict.Get.
It's just a hack and I'm sure there are better ways of doing it but it works
for me so I'm attaching it.
--

Grzegorz
http://www.nabble.com/file/p15710959/Strict.hs Strict.hs