[Haskell-cafe] Graphical graph reduction

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 11:28:33 EST 2008

Hello dainichi,

> If nothing similar exists, I was thinking about creating such a
> tool (i.e. an interpreter with additional graph-displaying features)

not exactly this, but now i'm reading introduction into Q language [1]
which says on p.11 "The interpreter has a built-in symbolic debugger
which allows you to execute a reduction sequence step by step: ...",
so you may use it to demonstrate how reductions work. Q by itself is
rather interesting language - haskell-like syntax, dynamic, eager with
good support for laziness. btw, this manual is probably better than we
have for Haskell, i've seen programmers who thinks that Haskell is
hard to learn and Q is simple and may be it's just due to its manual
which takes into account typical learning problems and explains
"obvious" things (which are really obvious only for seasoned FP
programmers)

[1] http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/q-lang/qnutshell-0.5.pdf

--
Best regards,