[Haskell-cafe] haddock as a markdown preprocessor

Keith Fahlgren keith at oreilly.com
Fri Feb 22 10:21:56 EST 2008

On 2/21/08 3:57 PM, Duncan Coutts wrote:
> Consequently there is no support in
> Cabal etc for those kinds of documentation. GHC, Cabal and c2hs amongst
> others use docbook but it's a horrible format to write and the tools to
> process it are very finicky (we apparently have to hard code paths to
> specific versions of xslt stylesheets).

Hi,

DocBook authoring tools have progressed tremendously in the past few years, and
I disagree that the "tools to process it are very finicky". If there are
specific questions about making DocBook more palatable for GHC, Cabal, c2hs,
others, please send them to me directly or the docbook-apps list:
http://www.docbook.org/help

Thanks,
Keith