[Haskell-cafe] Selecting Array type

Justin Bailey jgbailey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:02:45 EST 2008

2008/2/20 Jeff φ <jeff1.61803 at gmail.com>:
> I'd love to find a good article that describes the ins and outs of multi
> parameter types, functional dependencies, and type assertions, in enough
> detail to resolve these surprises.  A step-by-step walk through showing how
> the compiler resolve a type and selects an instance would be awesome.

The research paper "Strong Types for Relational Databases" linked on
the page below has an excellent introductory section on type-level
programming:

  http://wiki.di.uminho.pt/twiki/bin/view/Research/PURe/CoddFish

A recent issue of "The Monad Reader" had a great article on type-level
programming to solve the "Instant Insanity" game. I did not track down
a link but I'm sure you can find it easily.

Justin