[Haskell-cafe] A little toy of Haskell Trivia

Ross Paterson ross at soi.city.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 18:59:34 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 09:22:58PM +0000, Steve Lihn wrote:
> I proudly announce a little toy that lists the frequency of modules
> being imported by other modules. Do you know Control.Monad is the most
> frequently imported module? I did not!
>
> Currently it only includes GHC 6.8 core library. If you have any idea
> how to parse through HackageDB code, please let me know.

The layout is pretty simple.  The index file

	http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/00-index.tar.gz

contains all the .cabal files.  From their names you can figure out the
locations of the source bundles, e.g.

	AGI/1.1/AGI.cabal
	->
	http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/AGI/1.1/AGI-1.1.tar.gz

You can easily slurp the lot.

The HackageDB wiki page has more details:

	http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hackage/wiki/HackageDB