[Haskell-cafe] Arrows: definition of pure & arr

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Tue Feb 19 16:23:46 EST 2008

Am Dienstag, 19. Februar 2008 17:04 schrieben Sie:
> PS: Wolfgang also seems to use nice names in Grapefruit for his types, e.g.
>
> act :: PlainCircuit (IO output) output
> createPlainCircuit :: PlainCircuit input output -> input -> IO (output,IO ())
>
> instead of
>
> act :: PlainCircuit (IO a) a
> mkPlainCircuit :: PlainCircuit a b -> a -> IO (b, IO ())

Whereby I have to add that I use create now instead of createPlainCircuit
since in case of ambiguity you can use qualification like in
PlainCircuit.create.  I think, this is nicer because PlainCircuit.create
is “more structured” than createPlainCircuit where everything is put into a
single parameter.

I’m also in the process of shortening the names for type variables since in
conference papers you cannot use names that long (because otherwise you
quickly overrun the available width) and I don’t want to have too many
differences between papers and actual source code.  However, I still don’t
like single-letter names like a and b.

> […]

Best wishes,
Wolfgang